Saturday 2 February 2013

January Progress

January 1st, I decided to join the masses with a goal/challenge to myself. 

I was going to get serious with my diet.

I was going to stop drinking.

I'm no alcoholic, but a glass of wine would make it into my nightly routine 2-4 times a week.  Sometimes less, sometimes more on the weekend.

I have this weird thing.  Often, I struggle with self-control and impulse.  Other times, I can cut out things in my life with no problem.  Diet pepsi, the first time I lost weight,  daily Starbucks. 

Cutting out wine was the latter.  The first week was a little tough, and then I was flying. 

With renewed dedication, and being strong willed, I cut out wine and got serious in the gym.
December, sick on January 2, January 31.

Over the course of January, I lost 7.5lbs and I'm sure a bunch of inches.  I'm really starting to notice that clothes are fitting me differently and starting to notice greater ease with body weight exercies at the gym. 

While I'm never going to get rid of my genetically endowed legs, the difference between these three pics show how much more muscular they look.  First picture: all hips.  Second picture: quaaaads!

February is a shorter month, and is starting off with drinks with friends, but last night I kept it to a minimum and ate well.   I'm hoping to keep the January momentum and keep seeing changes.

All that said, if I was to stay right here, at about 160lbs, with this body,  I think I'd be okay with it.  It's amazing what losing 10lbs and gaining mass amounts of strength has done for my confidence.

Here's to taking it one day, one week, one month at a time!


No comments:

Post a Comment