Sunday 26 August 2012

Sunday Sunday Sunday

It's goals of the week day!

But first, how my week went.

Honestly, I had a week that could really have gone either way.   It started out really good, and on Wednesday I woke up with a gimpy hamstring and a bit of right back pain and that familiar little itch in the back of my throat.  I was terrified I was getting sick right when things were falling into place.

I wasn't wrong.  As Wednesday progressed, I started feeling worse and worse.  Luckily, I was done work stupidly early and caught my coworker between clients to do some acupuncture on my back and hammy, some ART, and apparently put some ribs back in.  I dragged myself home and did some cleaning, and proceeded to prop myself up on the couch for the rest of the night.  Thursday rolled around and this happened:

I didn't move out of bed until 9am and just refused to do anything all morning.  I had a very busy day at work and couldn't risk making my cold worse if I did cardio and I had zero energy to do weights.  I took it easy and perked up a bit that night for a little pub salad and glass of vino.

Luckily, my recent bout of getting healthier seems to have done my immune system good and I've been feeling better since.  Not perfect, but I got back into the exercise swing pretty easily.

*warning, underwear pics coming up*

I also have to say I'm finally seeing some changes over the last week or so.  I haven't decided what this should be credited to.  Taking out gluten?  Upping protein?  Being consistent with my workouts?  All of the above (probably)?



The first picture is about 3 months apart, and the second is 1 month apart.  The crazy thing to me, is that I've stopped using a calorie counter, stopped getting on the scale, and I've seen the most results in the last few weeks. 

Mmmmm breakfast!

I've also been working really hard to make sure I eat things that feel like indulgences to me but are actually really good for me.  Take this Pumpkin Powercake.  So darn good. 

ENOUGH RAMBLING KELLY.  What are your goals this week?

I actually only have one: Keep it up!  I felt really good this week.  Very balanced work, workout, life, etc wise and I need to keep it up.  The next few weeks are going to prove a bit stressful so I just need to keep it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment