Wednesday 4 July 2012

July Mini Goals

Consistently see the scale under 170 by the end of July
  • This has probably been one of the most frustrating things for me in the last 6 months or so.  I've been bouncing in the 170s, getting to 171.5, but never making it under the 170 mark.  I think if I push myself hard enough I can get this done.  I'm desperate to see 160.
 Booze Ban
  • I love beer.  I also love wine.  I also can't seem to have one bottle or one glass.  This started with duathlon training, but since I don't have a ton of weekend or party plans for July, I'm going to try to keep this one up all month.  There may be one exception to this rule but I'll play it by ear.  I have to say, starting booze ban has made me feel a million times better.  No hangovers.  No poor eating secondary to being a little buzzed!
 Healthy Restaurant Choices
  • G and I like going out to eat 1-2 times a week.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to resist the french fries, wings, or yummy mayo filled wrap at these places.... or the sushi  pizza.... mmmmmm.  So, for July, I will not choose these options, and instead keep with the good-for-me body fuel even when out. 
Move Every Day
  • I have about 2 scheduled rest days per week but I have a tendency to be realllllly lazy on those days.  I'm hoping to make sure I'm moving at least a little on those days.  A walk somewhere, maybe a short bike ride, or if I'm feeling up to it some tabata drills.  
Lefty
  • In looking back in pictures, and since starting a new weight program (I'll get to that later), I've realized how damn RIGHT dominant I am.  I can barely flex the left side of my body!  I had a real eye opener when I had to do preacher bicep dumbbell curls and had to use about 5lbs less on the left.  This will not only help my body balance and definition, but it also should help my job!

I have 27 more days to get these done!

No comments:

Post a Comment